AP® Calculus AB
All of our tutors are experienced teachers at highly regarded, competitive schools, who have taught their subjects extensively and have received excellent student evaluations throughout their careers.
Some basics about AP Calculus AB:
This course provides an in-depth study of differential and integral calculus. Students will explore topics in the AP syllabus such as rules of differentiation, techniques of integration, and applications of the integral. Students should be ready to take the AB Calculus exam at the end of this course.
Topics covered include:
- Techniques for evaluating the limits of a function, including limits at infinity-horizontal asymptotes
- Derivative of a function
- Rules of differentiation: product, quotient, chain, implicit
- Exponential growth and decay
- Related rates
- Linear Approximations and Differentials
- Applications of the Derivative: MVT, L’Hopital’s Rule, curve sketching, optimization problems
- Summation formulas and area as the limit of the sums of areas of rectangle
- The definite integral
- The fundamental theorem of calculus
- The indefinite integral
- Substitution rule
- Applications of the Integral: MVT for integrals, average value of a function, area under a curve, area between curves, volume by disk and washer method, volume by cross-section (or “slicing”)
Typical problem areas include:
- Derivatives of “special” functions (trig, log, exponential, etc) and how to apply them.
- Working with the chain rule
- Substitution method for evaluating an integral
Find a tutor to help!
Can we help you? Absolutely! Our math teachers work with Calculus AB students every day, and see firsthand the same types of stumbling blocks you encounter. Using our interactive whiteboard and high definition video, we can unravel those difficult areas for you as you work through some example problems with us.
Find a tutor to help
AP® is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, Warp Drive Tutors.