Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus
All of our tutors are experienced teachers at highly regarded, competitive schools, who have taught their subjects extensively and have received excellent student evaluations throughout their careers.
In Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus, students examine functions they have already seen in Algebra 2, especially the behavior of polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions, and explore various graphing techniques for each. The second half of the course is devoted to examining trigonometric functions and looking at how to solve trigonometric equations and prove trigonometric identities.
- Functions-graphing, algebraic combinations, inverse, rational, polynomial, exponential, logarithmic
- Complex numbers
- Logarithms-properties, solving logarithmic and exponential equations
- Radian and Degree measure of angles
- Right triangle trig
- Trig functions of any angle
- Graphs of trig functions
- Inverse trig functions
- Trig identities and applying them in solving equations and trigonometric proofs
- Law of Sines and Law of Cosines
An Introduction To Some Calculus topics:
- Techniques for evaluating limits
Problem areas that students typically encounter:
- Graphing logarithmic functions and solving log equations
- Understanding the concept of how a log function as inverse of exponential functions…and how the domain and range of the two functions switch
- Graphing rational functions and determining asymptotes and holes
- Applying the trig identities, especially in trigonometric proofs
- Solving trigonometric equations such as:cos2(x) + cos(x) = sin2(x) and cos(x) = –1
Will this course prepare you for the Math Level 2 SAT Subject test??
Yes! Provided your particular course covers a sufficient breadth of topics you will, if you are at a B+ or above during the year, have reason to expect a good result on your Math 2 SAT Subject Test. Assuming you take the June administration, you should start prepping for it at least 2 months in advance of your test date, so no later than early April.
How we can help?
During our many years of classroom experience teaching precalculus/trigonometry, we have seen every imaginable difficulty that students encounter. Working with one of our teachers over a high definition video/interactive whiteboard connection, we can take you through the difficult areas, step by step.